What Are My Legal Obligations?

  • Determine you are both over 18.

  • View either your original Birth Certificate (if Australian born) or your valid passport (if overseas born) prior to your wedding day.

  • You must complete a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM), provided to me at least one month before your wedding day.

  • The NOIM is valid for 18 months.

  • If either of you have been previously married, you must produce proof that the marriage has ended ie Divorce Certificate (Decree Absolute), or Death Certificate.

  • To ensure a minimum of two witnesses over 18 years attend the wedding ceremony.